Monday 4 October 2010

Glitchy Reggae n Gyptek from Glasgow: MC Soom T

MC Soom T on Myspace Music
http://www.myspace.com/mcsoomt

Last time I was in the Meadow Bar (to see Kunt & the Gang) there was some really good reggae and dubby stuff playing downstairs. When I asked the DJ about the amazing voice in one record, he told me the girl's name was Soom T and well worth checking out.

Gotta agree! I was halfway to being wankered by the time I got out of Kunt, so I can't remember exactly what I heard, but everything on the Myspace is worth a listen.

It's an eclectic mix of glitchy reggae, jaunty folk, and big beats with sweet vocals. She's collaborated with lots of folk I love and lots more folk I'm gonna be checking out ;)

Fave tracks are probably What Is Life (with King Creosote), Dirty Money (with Jahtari 8-bit reggae soundsystem), Don't Forget To Wake Up (Asian Dub-esque), and Net In A Circle (atmospheric glitchyness about "when the drugs are done dancing").

What Is Life


Dirty Money


And lots lots more to click thru on Youtube. Have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment